Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is prequel to Breath of the Wild. It actually turns the Breath of the Wild game into a full blown trilogy, given how a direct sequel to the game was already announced back at E3 2019. The game itself releases on November 20th and yes, you can nab a pre-order for it right here.
GameXplain went ahead and did a massive breakdown and analysis of the only footage currently available for the game. You can watch it below, but I’ll do an abridged list breakdown of their discoveries below the video for your reading convenience:
- Some soldiers have different garb, likely signifying higher rank
- Link appears to begin the game as an everyday soldier. Master Sword is nowhere to be seen, unlike the memories in Breath of the Wild. This suggest the events of the game begin before the memories in Breath of the Wild.
- Game won’t be open like Breath of the Wild – UI screenshots from Japan show the game is sectioned off just like the first Hyrule Warriors. However, the maps are significantly larger than the ones in that game.
- Bokoblins appear to rank up as you progress, going from red to blue.
- A Bokoblin fort is destroyed by a Bomb Link throws. This suggests there are breakable structures in the game, adding to the believable style of the world.
- Young Impa is involved in the game.
- Zelda’s attacks all seem to involve the slate and the original 4 abilities Link got at the beginning of Breath of the Wild.
- There is a lot more, but the rest are things I feel are really obvious? Watch the video if you’re curious!